June 26, 2022
ASKING FOR A FRIEND. PART FOUR: WHAT MAKES A BOY A MAN?
A. Four Disclaimers:
1. This is a topic.
2. Let's try to avoid personal opinions and let teach us.
3. Labels are helpful.
4. The word is helpful.
- Orientation is the you are facing and moving, which leads to a specific destination.
- We are all orienting our in a certain direction.
- "Follow me" is Jesus' to .
C. What Jesus says about sexual orientation (Matthew 19:3-12)
- Point: Jesus holds onto God's while acknowledging the .
- God's Ideal: One man and one woman in marriage for life (Matthew 19:4-6 & Genesis 2:24-25)
- Our Real: Some are born eunuchs, others are made eunuchs, and some choose to be spiritual eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 19:12)
D. Common Question: What about my desires?
- Desire sin (see Matthew 4:1-10)
- Action is
- Identity is sin (see 1 Peter 2:9; Galatians 3:27-28; 1 John 3:1-2; Colossians 3:1-3)
E. How Jesus responds to sexual disorientation (John 8:2-11)
- Jesus did not . "Neither do I condemn you." (John 8:11)
- Jesus did not . "Go now and leave your life of sin." (John 8:11)
F. Five suggestions for how Jesus' people should respond
4. Look to
5. without strings attached